- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
Linkevičius congratulates new U.K. Foreign Secretary
On 10 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated Jeremy Hunt and wished him every success in his new responsibility as the new British Foreign Secretary.
In his letter of congratulations, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister underlines that Lithuania much appreciated the UK‘s solid contribution to boosting defence capabilities and NATO's presence in the Baltic region, as well as our close bilateral cooperation in the fields of strategic communications and cyber security.
“I am glad to note a rich and long-standing relationship between Lithuania and the United Kingdom. I truly hope that we will be able to continue coordinating our views through effective bilateral dialogue, as well as various regional formats,” writes Linkevičius, who also highlights that the two countries are linked by the UK's Lithuanian community.
Hunt has been appointed as the new British Foreign Secretary after the resignation of Boris Johnson. Prior to this appointment, Hunt held the post of a Health Secretary.