- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
- 2018-10-23 On 23 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Heads of Delegations of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance in Rome
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is delivering a speech at the Warsaw Security Forum
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.05 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
Lithuania's Foreign Minister meets with Vice President and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Panama
On 7 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Vice President and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Panama Isabel de Saint Malo de Alvarado.
The Panamanian Vice President arrived in Lithuania to attend the annual Summit of Women Political Leaders. This is the first visit of a high-ranking Panamanian official to Lithuania.
During the meeting, a memorandum of understanding on political consultations was signed. Both parties agreed to hold the initial political consultations and identify potential areas for cooperation.
“The rapidly growing bilateral trade shows that our relations have substantial untapped potential,” said Minister L. Linkevičius.
Compared to 2016, in 2017 the bilateral trade with Panama almost tripled and amounted to 10.6 million euros.
The topics of cultural and human relations were also discussed. The Minister invited Panama to attend the annual Latin American Culture Festival “InLatino”. The parties agreed that the promotion of tourism and the dissemination of information, as well as the relations between universities, are essential for the strengthening of human relations.
The Ministers of Lithuania and Panama also discussed the issues of international cooperation, the crisis in Venezuela, and the elections in Colombia.
Diplomatic relations with Panama were established on 19 November 1992. Panama has accredited its Embassy in Warsaw for Lithuania.