- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council and the General Affairs (Art.50) Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Eastern Partnership Ministerial Meeting in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Astana and Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry offers condolences over Russian plane crash
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania offers its sincere condolences to the families of the victims of the plane crash near Moscow and to all the people of Russia affected by the tragedy.
The plane operated by Saratov Airlines crashed in the Moscow region on Sunday, killing 71 people. The plane that took off from Domodedovo airport was bound for the city of Orsk.
Yesterday, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius wrote on Twitter: “Shocked to learn about the plane crash on the outskirts of Moscow. My most profound sympathies go to everyone affected by this horrific tragedy”.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there were no Lithuanian citizens on board.